Below are current clinical trials.4 studies in Heart transplant
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The purpose of this study is to compare the experienced quality of life of patients who have received both a left ventricular assist device (LVAD), followed by a heart transplant and to measure the results.
The purpose of this study is to collect surgically removed atrial tissue for genetic, pathologic, metabolic, and molecular studies in patients with or without a history of atrial fibrillation.
The objective of this registry is to observe short and long term clinical outcomes in heart transplant recipients who receive regular AlloMap testing as part of allograft rejection surveillance.
The purpose of the study is to evaluate the safety and effectiveness of the ReliantHeart HeartAssist 5® VAD System in patients listed for heart transplantation and at risk of death from refractory end-stage heart failure.
Sept. 19, 2017
- What is a heart transplant? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ht. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Mancini D. Indications and contraindications for cardiac transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 8, 2016.
- Colvin M, et al. OPTN/SRTR annual data report 2014: Heart. American Journal of Transplantation. 2016;16:115.
- What is a ventricular assist device? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/vad. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- What is a total artificial heart? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/tah. Accessed April 12, 2016.
- Flynn B, et al. Heart and lung transplantation. Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology. 2014;27:153.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Cardiac transplantation. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed April 7, 2016.
- Pham MX. Prognosis after cardiac transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 12, 2016.
- Pham MX. Induction and maintenance of immunosuppressive therapy in cardiac transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 12, 2016.
- Pina IL. Rehabilitation after cardiac transplantation. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 12, 2016.
- McKenna WJ. Treatment of amyloid cardiomyopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 1, 2016.
- What are the risks of heart surgery? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hs/risks. Accessed April 12, 2016.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Heart transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Partnering with your transplant team: The patient's guide to transplantation. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. https://optn.transplant.hrsa.gov/learn/patient-education/. Accessed April 12, 2016.
- What every patient needs to know. United Network for Organ Sharing. http://www.transplantliving.org/community/patient-resources/publications/. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- Diet and exercise. United Network for Organ Sharing: Transplant living. http://www.transplantliving.org/after-the-transplant/staying-healthy/diet-and-exercise/. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- Eisen HJ. Prevention and treatment of cardiac allograft vasculopathy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 13, 2016.
- Topilsky Y, et al. Sirolimus as primary immunosuppression attenuates allograft vasculopathy with improved late survival and decreased cardiac events after cardiac transplantation. Circulation. 2012;125:708.
- Transplant gives recipient chance to re-establish priorities. Mayovox. August 1988;39:1.
- Heart transplant program to resume in fall of 1986. Mayovox. January 1986;37:1.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 8, 2016.
- Matsuo Y, et al. Attenuation of cardiac allograft vasculopathy by sirolimus: Relationship to time interval after heart transplantation. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2013;32:784.
- Gertz MA, et al. Pathophysiology and treatment of cardiac amyloidosis. Nature Reviews Cardiology. 2015;12:91.
- Williams BA, et al. Heart failure and heart rhythm disorders. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Geriatrics. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2014. http://www.accessmedicine.com. Accessed April 21, 2016.
- Guddetti RR, et al. Clinical implications of intracoronary imaging in cardiac allograft vasculopathy. Circulation: Cardiovascular Imaging. 2015;8:e002636.
- Yancy CW, et al. 2013 ACCF/AHA guideline for the management of heart failure: A report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2013;62: e147.
- Yip DS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Jacksonville, Fla. May 24, 2016.
- Medical practice report: Heart transplant. Press Ganey. http://www.pressganey.com/. Accessed May 24, 2016.
- Lund LH, et al. The Registry of the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation: Thirty-second official adult heart transplantation report — 2015; focus theme: Early graft failure. The Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation. 2015;34:1244.
News, connections and conversations for your health
- Procedure details
- More about