Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-2 out of 2 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Colonoscopy, Upper endoscopy, Gastrointestinal disorder, Inflammatory bowel disease
- Phoenix, AZ
Areas of focus:
Colonoscopy, Esophageal dilatation, Upper endoscopy
Aug. 27, 2020
- Greenwald DA, et al. Overview of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy (esophagogastroduodenoscopy). https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 21, 2020.
- Understanding upper endoscopy. American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy. https://www.asge.org/home/for-patients/patient-information/understanding-upper-endoscopy. Accessed Aug. 21, 2020.
- Feldman M, et al. Preparation for and complications of gastrointestinal endoscopy. In: Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis, Management. 11th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2021. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 21, 2020.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Gastrointestinal endoscopy. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 26th ed. Elsevier; 2020. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Aug. 21, 2020.
- Endoscopy. The Merck Manual Professional Edition. https://www.merckmanuals.com/professional/gastrointestinal-disorders/diagnostic-and-therapeutic-gastrointestinal-procedures/endoscopy. Accessed Aug. 21, 2020.
- Upper GI Endoscopy. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/diagnostic-tests/upper-gi-endoscopy. Accessed Aug. 21, 2020.
- Picco MF (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 21, 2015.