Mayo Clinic doctors conduct clinical studies involving complementary, alternative and integrative medicine to learn which treatments and therapies work and to share findings. Read more about complementary and integrative medicine research at Mayo.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on complementary, alternative and integrative medicine on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Complementary and alternative medicine care at Mayo Clinic
Jan. 24, 2014
- What is complementary and alternative medicine? National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine. National Institutes of Health. http://nccam.nih.gov/health/whatiscam. Accessed Sept. 20, 2013.
- AskMayoExpert. Complementary and alternative medicine. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2013.
- Tilburt JC, et al. Alternative medicine research in clinical practice: A U.S. national survey. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2009;169:670.
- Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine (CAHCIM). http://www.imconsortium.org. Accessed Sept. 20, 2013.
- Complementary and integrative medicine program. Mayo Clinic. http://www.mayo.edu/research/centers-programs/complementary-integrative-medicine/complementary-integrative-medicine-program/overview. Accessed Sept. 20, 2013.
Complementary and alternative medicine