Mayo Clinic vascular surgeons, neurosurgeons and cardiologists have experience performing carotid angioplasty and stenting to treat carotid artery disease, placing around 100 stents annually.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Nov. 09, 2017
- Cameron JL, et al. Balloon angioplasty and stents in carotid artery occlusive disease. In: Current Surgical Therapy. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2017.
- Carotid artery disease. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/catd/catd_all.html. Accessed Aug. 29, 2017.
- Chaikof EL, et al. General principles of endovascular therapy: Angioplasty, stenting, recanalization, and embolization. In: Atlas of Vascular Surgery and Endovascular Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014.
- Mohler ER, et al. Management of symptomatic carotid atherosclerotic disease. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 29, 2017.
- Angioplasty and vascular stenting. Radiological Society of North America. http://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=angioplasty. Accessed Aug. 29, 2017.
- Fairman RM, et al. Carotid artery stenting and its complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 29, 2017.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 13, 2017.
- Cloft H (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Sept. 26, 2017.
- Jauch EC, et al. Guidelines for the early management of patients with acute ischemic stroke: A guideline for healthcare professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association. Stroke. 2013;44:870.
News, connections and conversations for your health
Carotid angioplasty and stenting