Mayo Clinic's Department of Neurology is consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., is ranked highly performing for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester is ranked the No. 1 hospital in Minnesota, and the five-state region of Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2021-2022 "Best Children's Hospitals" rankings.
Mayo Clinic is also recognized for high-quality neurological care, research and education by a variety of national organizations:
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards as a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, recognizing scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment. Mayo Clinic is also part of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, a group of scientists throughout the U.S. and Canada who work together to conduct clinical trials and reduce the impact of cancer.
- Top-tier epilepsy centers. The National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) rates all Mayo Clinic campuses as level 4 epilepsy centers, providing the highest level of diagnosis and treatment options for people with epilepsy.
- Recognized spine care leaders. National organizations have chosen Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, as participants in Centers of Excellence, a designation that recognizes spine care quality and value.
- Certified stroke centers. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Florida and Minnesota are each certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, a national organization that evaluates and accredits hospitals and staff. Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona and the Mayo Clinic Health System sites in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, La Crosse, Wisconsin, and Mankato, Minnesota, are certified as Primary Stroke Centers by The Joint Commission.
- ALS Association Certified Center of Excellence. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota are each recognized by The ALS Association as a center of excellence based on robust clinical and administrative reviews confirming standards of quality and implementation of best practices.
- NIA-designated Alzheimer's Center. Mayo Clinic's Alzheimer's Disease Research Center is jointly based in Rochester, Minnesota, and Jacksonville, Florida. These facilities are designated and funded by the National Institute on Aging (NIA).
- Top-ranked education program. Mayo Clinic Department of Neurology residency training programs are ranked among the top-performing programs by Doximity and U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's quality rankings.
Mayo Clinic Connect: Brain and Nervous System
June 26, 2021