The Mayo Clinic Department of Neurology is consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery.
Mayo Clinic is also recognized for high-quality neurology and neurosurgery subspecialty care, research and education by a variety of national organizations:
- ALS Association Certified Center of Excellence. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota are all recognized by The ALS Association as centers of excellence based on robust clinical and administrative reviews confirming standards of quality and implementation of best practices.
- NIA-designated Alzheimer's Center. Mayo Clinic Alzheimer's Disease Research Center is jointly based in Rochester, Minnesota, and Jacksonville, Florida. These facilities are two of 29 Alzheimer's Disease Centers in the United States designated and funded by the National Institute on Aging of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards as a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, recognizing scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment. It is one of only four U.S. cancer centers to receive a National Cancer Institute-sponsored Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant for brain cancer research. Mayo Clinic is also part of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, a group of scientists throughout the U.S. and Canada who work together to conduct clinical trials and reduce the impact of cancer.
- Top-tier epilepsy centers. The National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) rates all three Mayo Clinic campuses as Level 4 Epilepsy Centers, providing the highest level of diagnosis and treatment options for people with epilepsy
- Certified stroke centers. Mayo Clinic's campus in Rochester was certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center in 2015 by The Joint Commission, a national organization that evaluates and accredits health care providers. Mayo Clinic's campus in Florida was the first Joint Commission-certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in Florida and is the only one in its region. Mayo Clinic’s campus in Arizona and the Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, La Crosse, Wisconsin and Mankato, Minnesota are certified as Primary Stroke Centers.
- Top-ranked education program. Mayo Clinic Department of Neurology residency training program is ranked among the top performing programs by Doximity and U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's quality rankings.
Oct. 17, 2017