Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for neurology and neurosurgery in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic Children's Center has again been ranked as the top performing children's hospital in Minnesota, the Dakotas and Iowa on U.S. News & World Report's 2018–2019 Best Children's Hospitals rankings.
Mayo Clinic is also recognized for high-quality neurosurgery subspecialty care, research and education by a variety of national organizations:
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, recognizing scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment. It is one of only four U.S. cancer centers to receive a National Cancer Institute-sponsored Specialized Program of Research Excellence (SPORE) grant for brain cancer research. Mayo Clinic is also part of the Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology, a group of scientists throughout the U.S. and Canada who work together to conduct clinical trials and reduce the impact of cancer.
- Top-tier epilepsy centers. The National Association of Epilepsy Centers rates all three Mayo Clinic campuses as Level 4 Epilepsy Centers, providing the highest level of diagnosis and treatment options for people with epilepsy.
- Certified stroke centers. Mayo Clinic's campuses in Florida and Minnesota are each certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center by The Joint Commission, a national organization that evaluates and accredits hospitals and staff. Mayo Clinic's campus in Arizona, and the Mayo Clinic Health System sites in Eau Claire, Wisconsin, La Crosse, Wisconsin, and Mankato, Minnesota are certified as Primary Stroke Centers by the Joint Commission.
- Recognized spine care leaders. National organizations have chosen Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla. as participants in Centers of Excellence, a designation that recognizes spine care quality and value.
- Top-ranked education program. Mayo Clinic Department of Neurosurgery residency training program is ranked among the top performing programs by Doximity and U.S. News & World Report.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's quality rankings.
Oct. 10, 2018
- Doximity Residency Navigator Neurological Surgery. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed August 21, 2018.
- Best Surgery Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://premium.usnews.com/best-colleges. Accessed August 21, 2018.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2017-18. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Aug. 17, 2018.
- Van Such M, et al. Extent of diagnostic agreement among medical referrals. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2017;23:870.
- Jackie Attig. Management accounting. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 28, 2018.
- Find an epilepsy center. National Association of Epilepsy Centers. https://www.naec-epilepsy.org/. Accessed Sept. 11, 2018.
- Emergency stroke center locations. National Stroke Association. http://www.stroke.org/understand-stroke/recognizing-stroke/emergency-stroke-center-locations. Accessed Sept. 11, 2018.