Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Cardiac Electrophysiologist
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Atrial fibrillation ablation, AV node ablation, Cardiac ablation, Cardiac resynchronization device insertion, Cardiac resynchronization therapy, Endocardial ablation, EP study, ICD lead extraction, Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) insertion, Pacemaker insertion, Pacemaker lead extraction, Atrial fibrillation, Heart arrhythmias, Sudden cardiac arrest, Ventricular arrhythmia
see full list in profile
Doctors and surgeons trained in heart rhythm disorders are working to improve care for people living with arrhythmias.
Areas of investigation include:
- Leading a multicenter, multinational trial to compare drug therapy with cardiac ablation for people with arrhythmia
- Designing innovative catheters to deliver ablation, including a state-of-the-art cryoablation balloon
- Understanding the genetics of heart arrhythmias
- Improving technology and techniques used to diagnose arrhythmias
Learn more about heart rhythm disease research and cardiovascular research at Mayo Clinic.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on cardiac ablation on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Cardiac ablation care at Mayo Clinic
Sept. 28, 2019
- Bonow RO, et al., eds. Therapy for cardiac arrhythmias. In: Braunwald's Heart Disease: A Textbook of Cardiovascular Medicine. 10th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2015. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Zipes DP, et al., eds. Catheter ablation: Technical aspects. In: Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Zipes DP, et al., eds. Catheter ablation: Clinical aspects. In: Cardiac Electrophysiology: From Cell to Bedside. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2014. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Ganz LI. Overview of catheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmias. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Catheter ablation. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/ablation. Accessed July 29, 2016.
- Arrhythmia. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/arr. Accessed Aug. 10, 2016.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 6, 2016.
- Schwanke BR (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 16, 2016.
- Deshmukh AJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 18, 2016.
Products & Services