Vaccination is the best defense against getting the flu. Following is information about flu vaccinations for the public at Mayo Clinic.
Flu vaccinations 2018-2019
Seasonal flu vaccines are available by appointment for registered Mayo Clinic patients. Adult patients may schedule a flu vaccine either through their primary care doctors or through a special flu clinic. Pediatric patients should be scheduled with their primary care doctors.
Flu vaccines are available during business hours at the following locations:
- Mayo Clinic Primary Care — Phoenix, Oct. 23, Oct. 30-Nov. 2
- Mayo Clinic Family Medicine — Thunderbird, Oct. 22, Oct. 24, Oct. 26, Oct. 29, Nov. 2, Nov. 5
- Mayo Clinic Family Medicine — Arrowhead, Oct. 22, Oct. 25-26, Oct. 30, Nov. 1
- Acute Illness, Mayo Clinic Building — Scottsdale, Oct. 15-Nov. 30
Walk-in flu vaccinations (unscheduled)
Walk-in vaccinations are available only on the Scottsdale campus at Acute Illness, Mayo Clinic Building, Lower Concourse Level, on the following dates:
- October 15-19
- Oct. 29-Nov. 2
- Nov. 6-7
- Nov. 13-14
- Nov. 20-21
- Nov. 27-29
For a listing of other facilities in Scottsdale/Phoenix offering flu vaccines, contact Community Information and Referral.
Flu vaccines are scheduled to be available beginning Nov. 15. To check availability, call the Flu Vaccine Information Hotline at 904-953-0301. This line will be updated as the vaccine supply status changes.
- Primary care patients (Department of Family Medicine, Division of Regional Medicine, and Division of Community Internal Medicine) may receive the seasonal flu vaccine at their regularly scheduled visits.
- Registered Mayo Clinic patients requesting walk-in service may receive the seasonal vaccine beginning Nov. 15 until the supply is depleted. Check in at the Allergy Clinic, Davis Building, Fourth Floor, weekdays between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. or between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. Eastern time.
Registered Mayo Clinic patients of all ages who have a Mayo Clinic primary care provider may receive a flu vaccine at any of the Employee and Community Health flu vaccine clinics. Mayo Clinic Employee and Community Health providers deliver primary care services to community members living in Rochester, Minnesota, and surrounding towns.
Registered Mayo Clinic patients age 18 and older who don't have a Mayo Clinic primary care provider may receive an injectable flu vaccine at the walk-in clinic located in the Mayo Building, 17th Floor. The walk-in clinic is open for patients (unscheduled) from Oct. 22 through Nov. 16, at the following times:
- 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Central time, Monday through Thursday
- 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Central time, Friday
The pediatric clinic will offer the vaccine as an injection and as a nasal spray (as available) along with painless interventions for these patients:
- Children under age 18, as well as family members and other individuals who accompany a child to an appointment
- Family members and caregivers who have a child admitted to a Mayo Clinic hospital
The walk-in clinic is located in the Mayo Building, 16th Floor, and is open for patients (unscheduled) at the following times:
- 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Central time, Monday through Friday
Patients or family members may also call 507-284-2091 to schedule an appointment. Child life and music therapy are available for additional support.