Vaccination is the best defense against getting the flu. Following is information about flu vaccinations for the public at Mayo Clinic.
Flu vaccinations 2017-2018
Seasonal flu vaccines are available by appointment for registered Mayo Clinic patients. Adult patients may schedule a flu vaccine either through their primary care doctor or through a special flu clinic. Pediatric patients should be scheduled with their primary care doctor.
Flu vaccines are available during business hours beginning October 3 through November 30 at the following locations:
- Mayo Clinic Primary Care - Phoenix
- Mayo Clinic Primary Care - San Tan
- Mayo Clinic Family Medicine - Thunderbird
- Mayo Clinic Family Medicine - Arrowhead
- Acute Illness in the Mayo Clinic Building on the Scottsdale campus
Walk-in flu vaccinations (unscheduled)
Walk-in appointments are available only in Acute Illness, which is located on the Lower Concourse level of the Mayo Clinic Building on the Scottsdale campus, on the following dates:
- October 3-5
- October 9-13
- October 16-19
- October 23-26
- October 30
- November 1-3
For a listing of other facilities in Scottsdale/Phoenix offering flu vaccines, contact Community Information and Referral.
Flu vaccine is available beginning October 3. To check availability, call the Flu Vaccine Information Hotline at 904-953-0301. This line will be updated as the vaccine supply status changes.
- Primary care patients (Department of Family Medicine, Division of Regional Medicine, and Division of Community Internal Medicine) may receive the seasonal flu vaccine at their regularly scheduled visits.
- Registered Mayo Clinic patients may receive the seasonal vaccine until the supply is depleted. Check in at the Allergy Clinic, Davis Building, fourth floor, weekdays between 9 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. or between 1 p.m. and 3:30 p.m.
Registered Mayo Clinic patients of all ages who have a Mayo Clinic primary care provider may receive a flu vaccine at any of the Employee and Community Health flu vaccine clinics. Mayo Clinic Employee and Community Health providers deliver primary care services to community members living in Rochester, Minnesota, and surrounding towns.
Registered Mayo Clinic patients age 16 and older who don’t have a Mayo Clinic primary care provider may receive a flu vaccine at the walk-in flu clinic located at the subway level of the Hilton Building. The walk-in clinic is open for patients (unscheduled) from October 16 through 27 at the following times:
- 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, Friday
Follow signs for the flu clinic just past Desk C.