Vacunarse es la mejor defensa contra el contagio con la influenza. Lo que sigue es información sobre las vacunas contra la influenza en Mayo Clinic.
Vacunas contra la influenza 2020-2021
Seasonal flu vaccines are available by appointment for registered Mayo Clinic patients at Mayo Clinic in Arizona.
Registered patients age 18 and older may make an appointment through Patient Online Services. Registered patients may also call their primary care provider to schedule a flu vaccine. Appointment scheduling options include:
- Patients age 18 and older may schedule an appointment to get a flu shot at a flu vaccine drive-thru tent.
- Adult patients who have an appointment scheduled at Mayo Clinic for another reason may schedule an appointment for a flu shot on the same day at the Mayo Clinic site where they have their appointment.
- Patients under age 18, patients with an egg allergy and patients with a history of fainting with previous vaccinations should schedule an appointment with their primary care providers for a flu shot.
Seasonal flu vaccines are available beginning Oct. 5, 2020, at Mayo Clinic in Florida. To check availability, call the Flu Vaccine Information Hotline at 904-953-0301. This line will be updated as the vaccine supply status changes.
- Registered primary care patients (Department of Family Medicine, Division of Regional Medicine, and Division of Community Internal Medicine) may receive the flu vaccine at their regularly scheduled visits or they may make an appointment to receive the seasonal flu vaccine. Patients may call to make an appointment or make an appointment with primary care through Patient Online Services.
- All other registered Mayo Clinic patients. Registered Mayo Clinic patients may call to schedule an appointment in the Allergy Clinic at 904-956-8875 or make an appointment through Patient Online Services.
Mayo Clinic patients ages 6 months and older may receive a flu vaccine in one of three ways:
Schedule an appointment for a flu vaccine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota
Registered Mayo Clinic patients may get a flu vaccine beginning Oct. 12, 2020, at:
Flu vaccine appointments are available at the following times:
- 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Central time, Monday through Thursday
- 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Central time, Friday
- 8 a.m. to noon, Central time, Saturday
To receive a flu vaccine at this location, registered Mayo Clinic patients can schedule an appointment through Patient Online Services. Patients may also call their primary care providers to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled beginning Sept. 28.
Ask to receive a flu vaccine during an existing appointment
Beginning Oct. 12, registered patients may request a flu vaccine during an existing appointment at Mayo Family Clinic locations, Express Care locations or the Baldwin Building. Flu vaccines won't be available in lab and radiology appointments.
Appointments for flu vaccines alone will not be available at primary care locations at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota.
A pediatric influenza vaccine clinic is available for patients under age 18 to receive a flu shot or nasal spray, along with painless interventions. The pediatric influenza vaccine clinic is located in the Mayo Building, 16th floor. Parents or caregivers can request a flu vaccine for their child in this clinic during a regularly scheduled appointment.
Family members, other individuals or other patients under age 18 who come with the child can also receive the flu vaccine. Family members or caregivers of a child admitted to a Mayo Clinic hospital may also receive the flu vaccine.
The pediatric influenza vaccine clinic is open for patients beginning Oct. 12 at the following times:
- 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Central time, Monday through Friday
Patients or family members may also schedule an appointment by calling their primary care provider or making an appointment through Patient Online Services. Child life specialists and music therapy are available for additional support.
Go to a walk-in clinic
Adult patients who are not Mayo Clinic employees and don't have primary care providers may receive a flu shot at the walk-in clinic in the Mayo Building, 17th Floor.
The walk-in clinic is open from Oct. 19 to Nov. 20 at the following times:
- 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Central time, Monday through Thursday
- 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Central time, Friday
After Nov. 20, patients will need to schedule a flu vaccine through their health care provider.
For information about flu vaccines at all other Midwest locations, visit the Mayo Clinic Health System website.