Mayo Clinic physicians are committed to collaborating with referring physicians. Telephone consultations and referrals may be arranged by contacting the Referring Physician Service. The office is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
To refer a patient:
Call 866-629-6362 (toll free) or 480-301-7085. 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From outside the U.S.: 480-301-6539.
Call 800-634-1417 (toll free) or 904-953-0321 24 hours a day, seven days a week. From outside the U.S.: 904-953-7000.
Call the Department of Neurologic Surgery at 507-284-8008 Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time. After business hours, contact the Referring Physician Service at 507-538-1515 or 800-533-1564 (toll-free).
Neurosciences Update is a bimonthly publication with brief educational articles of general interest written by Mayo neurologists and neurosurgeons.
Continuous professional development
Mayo Clinic offers continuous professional development courses in a learner-centered interactive format. Mayo Clinic courses are delivered by faculty who are renowned in their field and passionate about education. Participation in Mayo Clinic continuous professional development courses offers timely evidence-based practices that can be implemented immediately.
Oct. 16, 2019
- Doximity Residency Navigator Neurological Surgery. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed August 21, 2018.
- Best Surgery Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://premium.usnews.com/best-colleges. Accessed August 21, 2018.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2017-18. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Aug. 17, 2018.
- Van Such M, et al. Extent of diagnostic agreement among medical referrals. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2017;23:870.
- Jackie Attig. Management accounting. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 28, 2018.
- Find an epilepsy center. National Association of Epilepsy Centers. https://www.naec-epilepsy.org/. Accessed Sept. 11, 2018.
- Emergency stroke center locations. National Stroke Association. http://www.stroke.org/understand-stroke/recognizing-stroke/emergency-stroke-center-locations. Accessed Sept. 11, 2018.