Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Feb. 07, 2019
- Doximity Residency Navigator Neurological Surgery. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed August 21, 2018.
- Best Surgery Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://premium.usnews.com/best-colleges. Accessed August 21, 2018.
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2017-18. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Aug. 17, 2018.
- Van Such M, et al. Extent of diagnostic agreement among medical referrals. Journal of Evaluation in Clinical Practice. 2017;23:870.
- Jackie Attig. Management accounting. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. March 28, 2018.
- Find an epilepsy center. National Association of Epilepsy Centers. https://www.naec-epilepsy.org/. Accessed Sept. 11, 2018.
- Emergency stroke center locations. National Stroke Association. http://www.stroke.org/understand-stroke/recognizing-stroke/emergency-stroke-center-locations. Accessed Sept. 11, 2018.