Neuroendocrine tumors care at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic experts are skilled in the diagnosis and treatment of neuroendocrine tumors, including:
Your Mayo Clinic care team
At Mayo Clinic, a variety of specialists work together as a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care for those with neuroendocrine tumors.
Which specialists are involved in your care will depend on your type of tumor. Specialists may include:
Other specialists are included as needed.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Neuroendocrine tumors are rare, and treatment can be complex and varied. Mayo Clinic doctors have the training and experience needed to accurately diagnose and treat all types of neuroendocrine tumors, including very rare types.
Mayo Clinic doctors will work with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals. The advantages of seeking care at Mayo Clinic include:
- A precise diagnosis the first time. Mayo Clinic pathologists are respected for their experience and expertise in diagnosing rare cancers, including neuroendocrine tumors. The latest in laboratory testing can give your care team the information they need to create a personalized treatment plan that's targeted to your particular tumor.
- A full range of treatments. Your treatment team can consider all available options when you seek care at Mayo Clinic. Options might include surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy and a variety of drug treatments.
Innovative surgical options. Surgeons are skilled in removing cancers using minimally invasive surgery techniques to reduce the risk of complications, such as bleeding and pain, and help you recover more quickly.
For those with cancer that has spread to the liver, liver transplant may be an option. In general, liver transplant is reserved for those who have undergone surgery to remove the primary tumor and for those whose cancer hasn't spread to places other than the liver. Liver transplant for neuroendocrine tumors usually uses a portion of liver from a living donor.
- Latest systemic treatments. People who seek care at Mayo Clinic have access to the latest treatments, including peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) with lutetium Lu 177 dotatate (Lutathera). PRRT combines a drug that targets cancer cells with a small amount of a radioactive substance. It allows radiation to be delivered directly to the cancer cells. Learn more about Nuclear Medicine Therapy at Mayo Clinic.
- Clinical trials studying cutting-edge treatments. You and your doctor can consider a number of clinical trials studying new treatments and new strategies for managing neuroendocrine tumors.
- Genetic counseling for inherited cancer syndromes. If it's suspected that you may have inherited gene mutations that increase your risk of neuroendocrine tumors and other types of cancer, Mayo Clinic geneticists can guide you through the process of considering genetic testing. Specialized care programs, including the Familial Cancer Program, provide comprehensive care to families facing an increased risk of cancer to help them understand their risk and to create personalized prevention and screening programs.
- Supportive care to help you feel better. Mayo Clinic also offers palliative care, which is specialized medical care that focuses on providing relief from pain and other symptoms of a serious illness. At Mayo Clinic, palliative care specialists work with you, your family and your other doctors to provide an extra layer of support that complements your ongoing care.
- A plan for recovery and survivorship. Once you complete treatment, cancer survivorship clinics can help you cope with post-treatment issues and assist you as you adjust to life after cancer.
Mayo Clinic 的体验与患者故事
患者告诉我们，他们的互动质量、我们对细节的关注以及他们就医的效率构成了他们从未经历过的医疗体验。参见 Mayo Clinic 满意患者的故事。
Doctors at Mayo Clinic are equipped with the knowledge and resources to provide comprehensive care for people with neuroendocrine tumors. When you seek care at Mayo Clinic, you can expect:
- Personalized care. At Mayo Clinic, doctors from a variety of specialties, including oncologists, endocrinologists, gastroenterologists, pathologists, surgeons, transplant specialists and radiologists, form a team to make sure all of your individual needs are addressed in your care plan.
- Experience you can trust. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating neuroendocrine tumors. Each year, Mayo Clinic doctors care for more than 1,900 people with neuroendocrine tumors, including people with very rare types.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets the strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognize scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic 在亚利桑那州的凤凰城和斯克茨戴尔、佛罗里达州的杰克逊威尔，以及明尼苏达州的罗切斯特都有主要院区。Mayo Clinic 健康系统在几个州拥有十几个工作地点。
有关参观 Mayo Clinic 的更多信息，请在下面选择您的位置：
在大多数情况下，Mayo Clinic 不需要医师转诊。某些保险要求转诊，或有其它特定医疗方面的要求。所有优先预约都基于医疗需求。
了解更多关于在 Mayo Clinic 预约。
Sept. 16, 2020