Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Mayo Clinic researchers seek innovative treatments for many types of gynecologic conditions. Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers pioneered the use of the robotic system for gynecologic surgery, assisting developers of a robotic surgical system during the Food and Drug Administration approval process.
See a list of publications on hysterectomy by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Robotic hysterectomy care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 30, 2017
- Mann WJ. Radical hysterectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Falcone T, ed. Robotic surgery. In: Basic, Advanced, and Robotic Laparoscopic Surgery. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier, 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 19, 2015.
- Walters MD. Laparoscopic and robotic-assisted total and supracervical hysterectomy. In: Hysterectomy for Benign Disease. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier, 2010. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Sept. 19, 2015.
- Aarts JWM, et al. Surgical approach to hysterectomy for benign gynaecological disease. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. http://ovidsp.tx.ovid.com/sp-3.14.0b/ovidweb.cgi. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Frequently asked questions. Hysterectomy FAQ008. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Hysterectomy. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Bakkum-Gamez JN (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 2, 2015.
- Magrina JF. Robotic surgery in gynecology. European Journal of Gynaecological Oncology. 2007;28:77.
- Cook AJ. Decision Support System. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 31, 2015.