Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers are continuing to study breast imaging to improve current tests and discover new technologies.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center meets the strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center. These standards recognize scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Women's Cancer Program
The Women's Cancer Program at Mayo Clinic brings together doctors and researchers in breast and gynecologic surgery, medical and radiation oncology, medical genetics, pathology, and other specialties to develop new therapies for women's cancers. As part of the Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Women's Cancer Program offers access to potential new therapies through clinical trials. The Women's Cancer Program also provides emotional and social support classes, a resource center, and educational programs for women and their families.
See a list of publications about molecular breast imaging by Mayo Clinic authors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Minnesota
Molecular breast imaging care at Mayo Clinic
June 04, 2022
- AskMayoExpert. Molecular breast imaging. Mayo Clinic; 2021.
- Hunt KN. Molecular breast imaging: A scientific review. Journal of Breast Imaging. 2021; doi:10.1093/jbi/wbab039.
- Covington MF, et al. Advances and future directions in molecular breast imaging. Journal of Nuclear Medicine. 2022; doi:10.2967/jnumed.121.261988.
- Swanson TN, et al. Best practices in molecular breast imaging: A guide for technologists. Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology. 2018; doi:10.2967/jnmt.117.204263.
- Scintimammography. RadiologyInfo.org. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info/scintimammo. Accessed April 28, 2022.