Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers are continuing to study breast imaging to improve current tests and discover new technologies.
Cancer research is conducted in coordination with the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Women's Cancer Program
The Women's Cancer Program at Mayo Clinic brings together doctors and researchers in breast and gynecologic surgery, medical and radiation oncology, medical genetics, pathology, and other specialties to develop new therapies for women's cancers. As part of the Mayo Clinic Cancer Center, the Women's Cancer Program offers access to potential new therapies through clinical trials. The Women's Cancer Program also provides emotional and social support classes, a resource center, and educational programs for women and their families.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on molecular breast imaging on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Molecular breast imaging care at Mayo Clinic
April 16, 2020
- AskMayoExpert. Molecular breast imaging. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2018.
- Hruska CB. Molecular breast imaging for screening in dense breasts: State of the art and future directions. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2017;208:275.
- Rhodes DJ, et al. Molecular breast imaging at reduced radiation dose for supplemental screening in mammographically dense breasts. American Journal of Roentgenology. 2015;204:241.
- Swanson TN, et al. Best practices in molecular breast imaging: A guide for technologists. Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology. 2018;46:3.
- Scintimammography. RadiologyInfo.org. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=Scintimammo. Accessed Jan. 2, 2019.
- Choudhery SA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 14, 2019.
Products & Services