Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Transplant Surgeon
- Phoenix, AZ
Areas of focus:
Living donor kidney transplant, Pancreas transplant, Liver transplant, Kidney transplant, Robotic surgery
Mayo Clinic doctors and surgeons research living-donor transplantation, presenting their work at national and international meetings. The Mayo Clinic Transplant Center supports many studies for living-donor transplant research.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic doctors on living-donor transplantation on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Arizona
Living-donor transplant care at Mayo Clinic
May 03, 2022
- Living donation. United Network for Organ Sharing. https://www.unos.org/donation/living-donation/. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Cotler SJ, et al. Living donor liver transplantation. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Donate organs while alive. Health Resources and Services Administration. https://www.organdonor.gov/about/process/living-donation.html. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Finding a living donor. UNOS Transplant Living. https://transplantliving.org/kidney/who-are-living-donors/. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Risks. UNOS Transplant Living. https://transplantliving.org/living-donation/being-a-living-donor/risks/. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Lentine KL, et al. Kidney transplantation in adults: Evaluation of the living kidney donor candidate. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Liver. UNOS Transplant Living. http://www.transplantliving.org/living-donation/about-the-operation/liver/. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Types of living donation. UNOS Transplant Living. https://transplantliving.org/living-donation/types/. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Vella J. Kidney transplantation in adults: Living unrelated donors. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Abu-Gazala S, et al. Current status of living donor liver transplantation in the United States. Annual Review of Medicine. 2019; doi:10.1146/annurev-med-051517-125454.
- About the operation. UNOS Transplant Living. https://transplantliving.org/living-donation/about-the-operation/. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Sonnenberg EM, et al. Pregnancy outcomes after living liver donation: A multi-institutional study. Liver Transplantation. 2021; doi:10.1002/lt.26098.
- Eligibility guidelines. National Living Donor Assistance Center. https://www.livingdonorassistance.org/How-to-Apply/Eligibility-Guidelines. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Lentine KL, et al. Kidney transplantation in adults: Risks of living kidney donation. https://www.uptodate.com/home/contents/search. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- What to expect after donation. National Kidney Foundation. https://www.kidney.org/transplantation/livingdonors/what-expect-after-donation. Accessed Oct. 1, 2021.
- Lentine KL, et al. Risks of living kidney donation: Current state of knowledge on outcomes important to donors. Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. 2019; doi:10.2215/CJN.11220918.
- McKinney WT, et al. Development of a patient-specific search of transplant program outcomes and characteristics: Feedback from kidney transplant patients. Transplantation Direct. 2020; doi:10.1097/TXD.0000000000001036.
News from Mayo Clinic
Products & Services