Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Jacksonville, FL
Areas of focus:
Botox injection, Deep brain stimulation
Mayo Clinic researchers in brain conditions (neurology), brain surgery (neurosurgery), mental health conditions (psychiatry), engineering and other areas study deep brain stimulation and research possible treatments for people who have many different conditions. Neurosurgeons collaborate with engineers in the Neural Engineering Laboratory to create new devices or adapt current devices.
See a list of publications on deep brain stimulation by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Arizona
Deep brain stimulation care at Mayo Clinic
Sept. 03, 2021
- Brunicardi FC, et al., eds. Neurosurgery. In: Schwartz's Principles of Surgery. 11th ed. McGraw Hill; 2019. https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed Oct. 19, 2020.
- Doherty GM, ed. Neurosurgery. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Surgery. 15th ed. McGraw Hill; 2020. https://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed Oct. 19, 2020.
- Daroff RB, et al. Deep brain stimulation. In: Bradley's Neurology in Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Elsevier; 2016. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 19, 2020.
- Winn RH, ed. Deep brain stimulation: Mechanisms of action. In: Youmans and Winn Neurological Surgery. 7th ed. Elsevier; 2017. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 19, 2020.
- Dougherty DD. Deep brain stimulation: Clinical applications. Psychiatric Clinics of North America. 2018; https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Oct. 19, 2020.
- Deep brain stimulation. The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research. https://www.michaeljfox.org/news/deep-brain-stimulation. Accessed Nov. 20, 2020.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Oct. 23, 2020.
Products & Services