Lynch syndrome care at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic's Cancer Education Center offers education and support for cancer patients and their families and friends.
- Collaboration. At Mayo Clinic, digestive disease experts (gastroenterologists), gynecologists, oncologists, colon and rectal surgeons, and medical geneticists work as a multidisciplinary team to provide whole-person care for people with Lynch syndrome. Other professionals are included as needed.
- Experience. Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience caring for people with Lynch syndrome and other familial cancer syndromes. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
- Expertise. Mayo Clinic doctors are respected for their contributions to the understanding and treatment of Lynch syndrome. Mayo Clinic doctors were among the first to recognize microsatellite instability (MSI) in cancer cells and developed MSI testing techniques for people with newly diagnosed colon cancer. MSI screening helps determine which colon cancers are most likely to be caused by Lynch syndrome.
- Advanced technologies. Mayo specialists use advanced screening and diagnostic methods, including tumor and genetic testing, to help detect gene mutations long before cancer occurs.
- A full range of treatment options to consider. Mayo Clinic offers expertise in diagnosis of Lynch syndrome and treatment of Lynch-related cancers. Your care team works with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognizes scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., ranks No. 1 for digestive disorders in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals rankings. Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for digestive disorders by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic also ranks among the Best Children's Hospitals for digestive disorders.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.