Lynch syndrome care at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic health care providers work in teams to provide personalized care for people with Lynch syndrome.
Your Mayo Clinic care team
At Mayo Clinic, doctors from different specialties work together to provide you with comprehensive care that considers all of your health concerns.
Your care team might include:
Other professionals are included as needed.
At Mayo Clinic, your care team has extensive experience caring for people with Lynch syndrome and other familial cancer syndromes. Your care team is prepared with the knowledge and resources to provide you with exactly the care you need.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Mayo Clinic offers the latest techniques for the diagnosis of Lynch syndrome. Specialists use advanced screening and diagnostic methods, including tumor and genetic testing, to help detect genes that cause Lynch syndrome.
Sometimes people with Lynch syndrome need special types of colonoscopy exams. These special types can make better images that make it more likely any cancers will be found.
Mayo Clinic offers the most advanced technology to help improve colon cancer screening. Examples include:
- High-definition colonoscopy to create more-detailed images
- Chromoendoscopy with dyes to color colon tissue to improve detection of the flat polyps that tend to occur more often in people with Lynch syndrome
Should you require cancer treatment, Mayo Clinic offers the latest advances in cancer treatment. Your care team works with you to review all of your treatment options and choose the treatment that best suits your needs and goals.
Expertise and rankings
Mayo Clinic doctors are respected for their expertise in caring for people with Lynch syndrome, including:
- Contributing to the understanding of Lynch syndrome. Mayo Clinic doctors helped develop some of the first techniques for MSI testing. Ongoing research is helping doctors find better ways to detect Lynch syndrome and help people manage their cancer risk.
- Offering the latest risk management strategies. Doctors at Mayo Clinic use the latest research to help you understand your risk. They're experienced in using cutting-edge testing and prevention options to help you manage your risk.
- Comprehensive cancer center. Mayo Clinic Comprehensive Cancer Center meets the strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center. These standards recognize scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, is ranked highly performing for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.