You're at increased risk of hepatitis A if you:
Sept. 09, 2014
- Travel or work in regions with high rates of hepatitis A
- Attend child care or work in a child care center
- Are a man who has sexual contact with other men
- Are HIV positive
- Have a clotting-factor disorder, such as hemophilia
- Use injected or noninjected illicit drugs
- Live with another person who has hepatitis A
- Have oral-anal contact with someone who has hepatitis A
- Cheney CP. Overview of hepatitis A virus infection in adults. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July15, 2014.
- Hepatitis A FAQs for the public. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/A/aFAQ.htm. Accessed July 15, 2014.
- Hepatitis A. World Health Organization. http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs328/en/#. Accessed July 15, 2014.
- What I need to know about hepatitis A. National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/hepa_ez/index.aspx. Accessed July 16, 2014.