Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Doctors who treat this condition
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Phoenix, AZ
Areas of focus:
Chronic kidney disease, Kidney failure, C. difficile infection, Heart disease
With state-of-the-art research facilities, Mayo Clinic doctors and scientists are studying new ways to understand and treat chronic kidney disease.
Areas being explored by Nephrology and Hypertension Research include:
- Factors that drive progressive kidney damage in chronic kidney disease
- Reasons for increased risk of heart and blood vessel (cardiovascular) complications in people with chronic kidney disease
- Calcium deposits (calcifications) in the blood vessels in the heart
- High blood pressure (hypertension) and chronic kidney disease
- Kidney disease and chronic liver disease
Mayo Clinic also heads the Nephrology Collaborative Group, a consortium of doctors who specialize in kidney diseases (nephrologists) at Mayo Clinic and at other health care facilities. The Mayo Clinic Nephrology Collaborative Group brings together these clinicians and scientists to develop and conduct prospective studies aimed at treating people with renal parenchymal diseases.
See a list of publications on chronic kidney disease by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Chronic kidney disease care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 15, 2019
News from Mayo Clinic