Our cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeons study how to improve the diagnosis and treatment of people with diseases of the heart, aorta and other blood vessels (cardiovascular diseases).
Mayo Clinic's research program includes laboratory and clinical research. In clinical research, our doctors study experiences of people who have had heart treatments to identify how to improve the treatments. You may have an opportunity to enroll in one of the clinic's many heart-related clinical trials.
Explore research labs.
Research centers and programs
See a list of publications about cardiovascular surgery by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View All researchers • Florida
Sept. 17, 2021
- U.S. News Best Hospitals 2020-21. U.S. News & World Report. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Sept. 23, 2020.
- Planning and financial services. Mayo Clinic. Feb. 26, 2019.
- Centers of Excellence. Extracorporeal Life Support Organization. https://www.elso.org/AwardofExcellence/CentersofExcellence.aspx. Accessed Dec. 9, 2020.
- Best Internal Medicine Programs. U.S. World News & Report. https://www.usnews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-medical-schools/internal-medicine-rankings. Accessed Sept. 23, 2020.
- Doximity Residency Navigator Internal Medicine Programs. Doximity, Inc. https://residency.doximity.com. Accessed Aug. 20, 2018.
- Innovative 2-step management strategy utilizing EXIT procedure for a fetus with hypoplastic left heart syndrome and intact atrial septum. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2019; doi: 10.1016/j.mayocp.2018.08.004.
- Gray WS (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Oct. 26, 2020.
- Crestanello JA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Nov. 9, 2020.