Jason H. Anderson, M.D., is a Pediatric Cardiologist with subspecialty expertise in Pediatric and Adult Interventional Cardiology. His clinic focus encompasses the following areas:
- Transcatheter valve replacements including tricuspid valve and pulmonary valve replacements in prior bioprosthetic valves and native implantation.
- Advanced techniques for percutaneous device closure of PFOs, ASDs, and VSDs (including device modification for utilization in infants and small children when medically necessary).
- Multi-modality diagnostic and interventional management of single ventricle physiology including stent implantation / angioplasty of cavopulmonary and Fontan pathway connections, embolization of collateral vessels, and transcatheter liver biopsy.
- Percutaneous palliation of ductal dependent physiology via PDA stent implantation
- Echocardiography (including intracardiac, transthoracic, transesophageal, and fetal)
In addition to his clinical activities, Dr. Anderson is active in research and education, providing mentorship to residents and fellows. He serves on a national level as a member of the Congenital Heart Disease Council for the Society of Cardiac Angiography and Interventions (SCAI).
Interventional Procedures Performed:
- Transcatheter pulmonary valve implantation
- Transcatheter tricuspid valve implantation
- Atrial septal defect device closure
- Patent foramen ovale device closure
- Atrial septal puncture, balloon atrial septostomy, and atrial stent / flow regulator implantation
- Ventricular septal defect device closure
- Pulmonary artery angiography, angioplasty, and stent implantation
- Pulmonary vein angiography and stent implantation
- Coarctation of the aorta angioplasty and stent implantation
- Coronary angiography
- Endomyocardial biopsy
- Hemodynamic cardiac catheterization
- Balloon valvuloplasty – aortic valve and pulmonary valve
- Fetal Interventional Procedures - balloon valvuloplasty, atrial septostomy, atrial stent implantation
- Fontan conduit stent implantation and fenestration device closure
- Patent ductus arteriosus stent implantation
- Patent ductus arteriosus device closure
- Transcatheter liver biopsy
- Coil / device embolization of collateral vessels
Research interests include advanced techniques for delivery of atrial septal closure devices, short and long-term outcomes following transcatheter valve implantation, and novel device utilization development.
Mayo Clinic locations
FellowPediatric Cardiology, Programs in Rochester, Mayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Activities and honors
Pediatric CardiologyAmerican Board of Pediatrics
PediatricsAmerican Board of Pediatrics
- 2016 - present
MemberHeart Rhythm Society
- 2014 - present
MemberAmerican College of Cardiology (ACC)
- 2011 - present
MemberAmerican Medical Association
- 2011 - present
FellowAmerican Academy of Pediatrics