Dr. Ruqin Chen is a medical oncologist specialized in genitourinary cancer and melanoma and she has a special interest in targeted therapy and immunotherapy.
Her clinical focus includes:
- Expertise in management of solid tumor malignancy such as prostate cancer, bladder cancer, kidney cancer, melanoma, etc.
- Complex coordination of care for patients through multidisciplinary approach.
- Providing comprehensive patient-centered care in Mayo Clinic Cancer Center.
- Promoting patient education especially personalized chemotherapy education to guide the patient through the difficult journey.
- Fostering patients understanding of their conditions and engaging patients to become partners in managing their health.
In addition to her clinical activities, Dr. Chen is active in research. Her research interest is to investigate predictive and prognostic factors especially genomic profiles to provide personalized treatment for patients. She also has strong interest in education to foster next generation of health-care providers.
She has numerous research publications and has also presented her research at national and international conferences.
- Targeted therapy
- Clinical Trials
Mayo Clinic locations
Fellowship - Hematology/OncologyMayo School of Graduate Medical Education, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine
Residency - Internal MedicineBrookdale University Hospital & Medical Center
MS - BiostatisticsSchool of Public Health, State University of New York at Albany
BMSun Yat-sen University of Medical Sciences
Activities and honors
HematologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Medical OncologyAmerican Board of Internal Medicine
Internal MedicineAmerican Board of Internal Medicine