Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
edit search filters
Narrow your search
Reset all filters
- Use quotes for phrases.
- Even if there are no auto-suggestions within the search field, hit "Search" anyway, as you may still get results.
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
Areas of focus:
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement, Aortic root surgery
Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers continue to study transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) as part of their cardiovascular research efforts. Researchers are focused on reducing complications through improved technology and developing a better understanding of who are the best candidates for TAVR.
Mayo doctors have authored or co-authored numerous articles related to TAVR and participated in many studies. Researchers studying long-term TAVR outcomes found that TAVR and surgical valve replacement had similar death rates. Learn more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications about transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Minnesota
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) care at Mayo Clinic
Oct. 13, 2021
- Gaasch WH, et al. Indications for valve replacement in aortic stenosis in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 3, 2021.
- What is heart valve disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hvd. Accessed Aug. 3, 2021.
- What is TAVR? (TAVI). American Heart Association. https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/heart-valve-problems-and-disease/understanding-your-heart-valve-treatment-options/what-is-tavr. Accessed Aug. 3, 2021.
- AskMayoExpert. Aortic stenosis (adult). Mayo Clinic; 2018.
- Otto CM, et al. 2020 ACC/AHA Guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Joint Committee on Clinical Practice Guidelines. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2021; doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2020.11.018.
- Otto CM, et al. Medical management of symptomatic aortic stenosis. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 3, 2021.
- Cormican D, et al. TAVR procedural volumes and patient outcomes: Analysis of recent data. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. 2020; doi:10.1053/j.jvca.2019.04.016.
- Dalby M, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 3, 2021.
- Kolte D, et al. Outcomes following urgent/emergent transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Insights from the STS/ACC TVT registry. JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2018; doi:10.1016/j.jcin.2018.03.002.
- Office of Patient Education. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Mayo Clinic; 2019.
- Phillips SD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. March 9, 2020.
- Arora S, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Comprehensive review and present status. Texas Heart Institute Journal. 2017; doi:10.14503/THIJ-16-5852.
- Gleason TG, et al. 5-year outcomes of self-expanding transcatheter versus surgical aortic valve replacement in high-risk patients. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2018; doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2018.08.2146.
- Braswell Pickering EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. July 6, 2021.
- Brecker SJD, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Periprocedural and postprocedural management. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Aug. 3, 2021.
- Reardon MJ, et al. Outcomes in the randomized CoreValve US pivotal high-risk trial in patients with a Society of Thoracic Surgeons risk score of 7% or less. JAMA Cardiology 2016; doi:10.1001/jamacardio.2016.2257.
- Makkar RR, et al. Five-year outcomes of transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement. New England Journal of Medicine. 2020; doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1910555.
Products & Services
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)