Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement, Aortic root surgery
Mayo Clinic doctors and researchers continue to study transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) as part of cardiovascular research efforts. Researchers are focused on reducing complications through improved technology and a better understanding of which people are most appropriate for this procedure. Mayo doctors have published many articles related to TAVR and participated in many studies. Learn more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
See a list of publications about TAVR by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 07, 2020
- Gaasch WH, et al. Indications for valve replacement in aortic stenosis in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Feb. 28, 2020.
- What is heart valve disease? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hvd. Accessed Feb. 28, 2020.
- What is TAVR? American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/More/HeartValveProblemsandDisease/What-is-TAVR_UCM_450827_Article.jsp#.VrUe2dj2aDY. Accessed Feb. 28, 2020.
- AskMayoExpert. Aortic valve stenosis (adult). Mayo Clinic; 2018.
- Nishimura RA, et al. 2017 AHA/ACC focused update of the 2014 AHA/ACC Guideline for the management of patients with valvular heart disease: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Clinical Practice Guidelines. Journal of American College of Cardiology. 2017; doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2017.03.011
- Otto CM. Medical management of symptomatic aortic stenosis. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Feb. 28, 2020.
- Pani S, et al. Patient selection and outcomes of transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve replacement performed with monitored anesthesia care versus general anesthesia. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. 2017; doi:10.1053/j.jvca.2017.04.005.
- Dalby M, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Complications. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Feb. 28, 2020.
- Kolte D, et al. Outcomes following urgent/emergent transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Insights from the STS/ACC TVT registry. JACC: Cardiovascular Interventions. 2018; doi:10.1016/j.jcin.2018.03.002.
- Office of Patient Education. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement. Mayo Clinic; 2019.
- Phillips SD (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Mar. 9, 2020.
- Arora S. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: comprehensive review and present status. Texas Heart Institute Journal. 2017. doi:10.14503/THIJ-16-5852.
- Gleason TG, et al. 5-year outcomes of self-expanding transcatheter versus surgical aortic valve replacement in high-risk patients. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2018; doi:10.1016/j.jacc.2018.08.2146.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Mar. 16, 2020..
- Brecker SJD, et al. Transcatheter aortic valve replacement: Periprocedural and postprocedural management. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Feb. 28, 2020.
- Reardon MJ, et al. Outcomes in the randomized CoreValve US pivotal high-risk trial in patients with a Society of Thoracic Surgeons risk score of 7% or less. JAMA Cardiology2016; doi: 10.1001/jamacardio.2016.2257. Accessed Mar. 23, 2020.
- Sardar P, et al. Transcatheter or surgical aortic-valve replacement in intermediate-risk patients. Catheter Cardiovascular Interventions. 2017; doi:10.1002/ccd.27041.
- Cormican D, et al. TAVR procedural volumes and patient outcomes: Analysis of recent data. Journal of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Anesthesia. 2020; doi:10.1053/j.jvca.2019.04.016.
Products & Services
Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)