Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic researchers conduct research in spinal cord injury rehabilitation, including studying neurogenic bladder and bowel management and other therapies for people with spinal cord injuries. Researchers also study outcomes, new treatment options and other areas related to spinal cord injury rehabilitation. Read more about spinal cord injury and repair.
See a list of publications about neurogenic bladder and bowel management by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • All Locations
Neurogenic bladder and bowel management care at Mayo Clinic
Feb. 27, 2020
- Abrams GM, et al. Chronic complications of spinal cord injury and disease. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Jan. 23, 2018.
- What is neurogenic bladder? Urology Care Foundation. http://www.urologyhealth.org/urology/index.cfm?article=9. Accessed Jan. 23, 2018.
- Bowel control problems (fecal incontinence). National Digestive Diseases Information Clearinghouse. http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/Pubs/fecalincontinence/index.aspx. Accessed Jan. 23, 2018.
- Maitin IB, et al., eds. Neurogenic bowel & bladder. In: Current Diagnosis & Treatment: Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. New York, N.Y.: McGraw-Hill Education; 2015. http://accessmedicine.mhmedical.com. Accessed Jan. 23, 2018.
- Provider profile. CARF International. http://www.carf.org/providerProfile.aspx?cid=8020. Accessed Jan. 29, 2018.
- Kelly MS. Malone antegrade continence enema vs. cecostomy vs. transanal irrigation—What is new and how do we counsel our patients? Current Urology Reports. 2019; doi:10.1007/s11934-019-0909-1.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic. Jan. 15, 2020.
Products & Services
Neurogenic bladder and bowel management