Mayo Clinic in Minnesota is ranked among the top pulmonology hospitals in the nation for 2017-2018 by U.S. News & World Report.
The Division of Pulmonary Medicine at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, has a dedicated practice to evaluate lung volume reduction surgery candidates. Overall, Mayo Clinic is one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States, with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Collaborative work is the key in decision-making and execution: Lung volume reduction surgery is performed by specialists in cardiothoracic surgery, who work closely with doctors who specialize in pulmonary medicine and physical medicine and rehabilitation to care for individuals before and after surgery. Patient choice is a key part of all decision-making.
Aug. 09, 2017
- Surgery. American Lung Association. http://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/lung-disease-lookup/copd/diagnosing-and-treating/surgery.html. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Goldman L, et al., eds. Interventional and surgical approaches to lung disease. In: Goldman-Cecil Medicine. 25th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Hospital rankings by specialty. U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Rankings, 2016-2017. http://health.usnews.com/best-hospitals/rankings. Accessed Feb. 9, 2017.
- National Emphysema Treatment Trial (NETT): Evaluation of lung volume reduction surgery for emphysema. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. https://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health-pro/resources/lung/national-emphysema-treatment-trial. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Martinez FJ. Lung volume reduction surgery in COPD. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 24, 2017.
- Benzo R. Lung volume reduction surgery: Nonpharmacological approach. Current Opinion in Anaesthesiology. 2011;24:44.
Lung volume reduction surgery