Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, MN
Areas of focus:
Implantable cardioverter-defibrillator (ICD) insertion, Pacemaker insertion
see full list in profile
Dec. 30, 2017
- Implantable cardioverter defibrillator. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/dci/Diseases/icd/icd_all.html. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Ganz LI. General principles of the implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Epstein AE, et al. 2012 ACC/AHA/HRS focused update incorporated into the ACC/AHA/HRS 2008 guidelines for device-based therapy of cardiac rhythm abnormalities. Circulation. 2013;127:e283.
- Devices that may interfere with implantable cardioverter defibrillators (ICDs). American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Devices-that-may-Interfere-with-Implantable-Cardioverter-Defibrillators-ICDs_UCM_448464_Article.jsp. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Living with your implantable cardioverter defibrillator (ICD). http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Arrhythmia/PreventionTreatmentofArrhythmia/Living-With-Your-Implantable-Cardioverter-Defibrillator-ICD_UCM_448462_Article.jsp. American Heart Association. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- AskMayoExpert. Implanted cardiac devices. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Ganz LI. Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: Complications. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2016.
- Knight BP. Patient information: Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (beyond the basics). http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed April 4, 2016.
Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators (ICDs)