Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Sept. 04, 2019
- What is a coronary calcium scan? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/cscan/. Accessed Jan. 12, 2016.
- Goff DC, et al. 2013 ACC/AHA guideline on the assessment of cardiovascular risk: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2014;63:2935.
- Gerber TC, et al. Diagnostic and prognostic implication of coronary artery calcification detected by computed tomography. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Jan. 12, 2016.
- Alluri K, et al. Scoring of coronary artery calcium scans: History, assumptions, current limitations, and future directions. Atherosclerosis. 2015;239:109.
- Greenland P, et al. 2010 ACCF/AHA guideline for assessment of cardiovascular risk in asymptomatic adults. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2010;56:e50.
- Hecht HS. Coronary artery calcium scanning: Past, present, and future. JACC Cardiovascular Imaging. 2015;8:579.
- Shah NR, et al. An evidence-based guide for coronary calcium scoring in asymptomatic patients without coronary heart disease. Texas Heart Institute Journal. 2012;39:240.
- Lopez-Jimenez F (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 23, 2016.
- Cardiac CT for calcium scoring. Radiologyinfo.org for patients. https://www.radiologyinfo.org/en/info.cfm?pg=ct_calscoring. Accessed March 15, 2019.
- Kavousi M, et al. Prevalence and prognostic implications of coronary artery calcification in low-risk women. JAMA. 2016;316:2126.
- Schade DS, et al. A simplified approach to reducing cardiovascular risk. The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism. In press. Accessed March 15, 2019.
- Eaton RP, et al. Abnormal coronary artery calcium scans in asymptomatic patients. The American Journal of Medicine. 2017;130:394.
- AskMayoExpert. CT safety considerations. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research;2018.
Products & Services
Heart scan (coronary calcium scan)