Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic researchers are investigating advanced and minimally invasive treatment options for bariatric surgery.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on gastric bypass surgery on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y) care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 28, 2017
- Lim RB. Bariatric procedures for the management of severe obesity: Descriptions. http://wwwuptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Jameson JL, et al., eds. Bariatric surgery. In: Endocrinology: Adult and Pediatric. 7th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2016. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Bariatric surgery. National Institute on Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases. https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-information/health-topics/weight-control/bariatric-surgery/pages/overview.aspx. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Lim RB. Bariatric operations: Perioperative morbidity and mortality. http://wwwuptodate.com/home. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- AskMayoExpert. Weight management (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Bariatric surgery for weight loss. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2012.
- Cameron JL. Laparoscopic surgery for morbid obesity. In: Current Surgical Therapy. Philadelphia, Pa.: Elsevier; 2017. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed March 20, 2017.
- Brown A. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 26, 2017.
- McKenzie TJ (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. April 10, 2017.
Gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y)