Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Mayo Clinic doctors trained in brain and nervous system conditions (neurologists), physical medicine and rehabilitation, and other areas research tests and treatments for concussions. Read more about research in neurology and sports medicine.
See a list of publications about concussion testing by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Concussion testing care at Mayo Clinic
July 24, 2021
- Meehan WP, et al. Concussion in children and adolescents. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 18, 2019.
- Evans RW. Acute mild traumatic brain injury (concussion) in adults. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed April 18, 2019.
- Halstead ME, et al. Sport-related concussion in children and adolescents. Pediatrics. 2018;142:e20183074.
- Giza CC, et al. Summary of evidence-based guideline update: Evaluation and management of concussion in sports — Report of the Guideline Development Subcommittee of the American Academy of Neurology. Neurology. 2013;80:2250.
- FAQs about baseline concussion testing. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. https://www.cdc.gov/headsup/basics/baseline_testing.html. Accessed April 18, 2019.
- Smith AM, et al. Proceedings from the Ice Hockey Summit III: Action on concussion. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2019;18:23
- Laskowski ER (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. May 6, 2019.
Products & Services
Mayo Clinic has been recognized as one of the best Neurology & Neurosurgery hospitals in the nation for 2022-2023.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona, and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Florida, are ranked among the Best Hospitals for neurology and neurosurgery by U.S. News & World Report. Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester is ranked the No. 1 hospital in Minnesota, and the five-state region of Iowa, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2022–2023 "Best Children's Hospitals" rankings.
Learn more about this top honor