Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Doctors who perform this procedure
March 16, 2019
- What is cognitive behavioral therapy? American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/ptsd-guideline/patients-and-families/cognitive-behavioral. Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- Psychotherapy. National Alliance on Mental Illness. https://www.nami.org/learn-more/treatment/psychotherapy. Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- Psychotherapies. National Institute of Mental Health. https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/topics/psychotherapies/index.shtml. Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- HIPPA privacy rule and sharing information related to mental health. HHS.gov. https://www.hhs.gov/hipaa/for-professionals/special-topics/mental-health/index.html. Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- What is psychotherapy? American Psychiatric Association. https://www.psychiatry.org/patients-families/psychotherapy, Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- Ethical principles of psychologists and code of conduct: Including 2010 and 2016 amendments. American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/ethics/code/. Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- PTSD: National Center for PTSD — Types of therapists. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. https://www.ptsd.va.gov/understand_tx/types_therapist.asp. Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- How to choose a psychologist. American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/choose-therapist. Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- Understanding psychotherapy and how it works. American Psychological Association. https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/understanding-psychotherapy. Accessed Feb. 6, 2019.
- Morin CM, et al. Cognitive-behavior therapy singly and combined with medication for persistent insomnia: Impact on psychological and daytime functioning. Behavior Research and Therapy. 2016;87:109.
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT). Royal College of Psychiatrists. https://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/mental-health/treatments-and-wellbeing/cognitive-behavioural-therapy-(cbt). Accessed Feb. 7, 2019.
- Clayton AH, et al. The International Society for the Study of Women's Sexual Health process of care for management of hypoactive sexual desire disorder in women. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2018;93:467.
- Hall-Flavin DK (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Feb. 18, 2019.
Cognitive behavioral therapy