Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
July 12, 2019
- Cholesterol. Lab Tests Online. American Association for Clinical Chemistry. https://labtestsonline.org/understanding/analytes/cholesterol. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- How to get your cholesterol tested. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/SymptomsDiagnosisMonitoringofHighCholesterol/How-To-Get-Your-Cholesterol-Tested_UCM_305595_Article.jsp#.VmHC-NiFOic. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- What is cholesterol? National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute. http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/hbc#. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Vijan S. Screening for lipid disorders. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- Good vs. bad cholesterol. American Heart Association. http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/Cholesterol/AboutCholesterol/Good-vs-Bad-Cholesterol_UCM_305561_Article.jsp#.VmHlVNiFOic. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- LDL and HDL: "Bad" and "good" cholesterol. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. http://www.cdc.gov/cholesterol/ldl_hdl.htm. Accessed Dec. 4, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Hyperlipidemia: Screening for coronary artery disease (adult). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Wilson PW. Overview of the risk equivalents and established risk factors for cardiovascular disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Dec. 7, 2015.
- Lipids and lipoproteins In: Expert panel on integrated guidelines for cardiovascular health and risk reduction in children and adolescents. Bethesda (MD): National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute; 2011. p. 184-281.
Products & Services