Why Choose Mayo Clinic
For more than a century, people from all walks of life have found answers at Mayo Clinic. Here are some reasons why more than a million people each year choose Mayo Clinic for their medical care:
- Not for profit. Mayo Clinic is a not-for-profit medical institution that reinvests all its earnings into improving medical practice, research and education.
- Experienced doctors in every specialty. Mayo Clinic doctors cover virtually every specialty and subspecialty. Our clinics treat large numbers of people, giving our doctors extensive experience in treating your condition. We also treat rare conditions treated in few other places.
- We take the time you need. Mayo Clinic doctors take the time to listen and thoroughly understand your health issues and concerns and provide you with an unhurried consultation. Appointment times at Mayo Clinic are generally longer than industry standards in order to promote good consultations.
- Satisfied patients and an unparalleled experience. Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visit mean health care like they've never experienced. Read the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
- Innovation and research. Part of Mayo Clinic's mission is to keep looking for new and better ways of doing things. Mayo Clinic doctors across all specialties are engaged in research. Your doctor or someone on your team is likely involved in research related to your condition. Our patients are frequently among the first to benefit from innovative ideas and the latest research generated by Mayo doctors and researchers.
- Many viewpoints. Mayo Clinic doctors ask one another for advice. They collaborate as team members. At Mayo Clinic, you don't get just one opinion, you get multiple opinions — from doctors in multiple specialties if necessary. This results in better care and better answers for you.
- One-stop care. Virtually all medical services you may need — doctor visits, testing, surgery, hospital care — are available "under one roof" at Mayo Clinic. Scheduling of these services is coordinated in an efficient way, so what might take months in another setting is done in a matter of days at Mayo Clinic. Some people have told us they found this difficult to believe until they came to Mayo Clinic and experienced it firsthand.
- Top-rated institution. Mayo Clinic shows up at or near the top in a variety of quality measures. U.S. News & World Report annually names Mayo Clinic to its Honor Roll of top hospitals. In many quality measures such as mortality rates and readmission rates, Mayo Clinic exceeds national rates. Fortune Magazine rates Mayo Clinic among its 100 Best Companies to Work For.
- Technology. Mayo Clinic has the latest in diagnostic and treatment technology — from the highest resolution imaging devices to robotic surgery. This supports our ability to give you the best answers and the best treatment.
- Experience and reach. Mayo Clinic has been around for decades. We have years of experience treating conditions from the common to the rare. Our reach is broad — we've treated people from every U.S. state and from around the world, and those people tell us they are highly satisfied with their experience.