By Mayo Clinic Staff
April 09, 2020
This iced coffee drink is sweetened with brown sugar and almond syrup. You can use any other flavored syrup, such as hazelnut, or skip it.
Number of servings SERVES 4
- Low Fat
- Low Sodium
- 2 cups brewed decaffeinated espresso coffee, cooled
- 2 tablespoons golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free almond syrup*
- Ice cubes
- 1 cup fat-free whipped topping*
- 1 teaspoon ground espresso beans
*Note: If you need to follow a gluten-free diet, check labels to make sure the brands of syrup and whipped topping are gluten-free.
In a pitcher, combine the espresso, brown sugar, milk and syrup. Stir to mix evenly. Refrigerate until cold.
Fill 4 glasses with ice cubes. Pour coffee over ice. Add 1/4 cup whipped topping to each drink and sprinkle with ground espresso beans.
Nutritional analysis per serving
Serving size: 1 glass (about 8 fluid ounces)
- Calories 84
- Total fat Trace
- Saturated fat Trace
- Trans fat 0 g
- Monounsaturated fat Trace
- Cholesterol 2 mg
- Sodium 82 mg
- Total carbohydrate 18 g
- Dietary fiber 0 g
- Total sugars 11 g
- Added sugars 4 g
- Protein 3 g
- Sweets, desserts and other carbohydrates 1