Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome care at Mayo Clinic
- Multispecialty teamwork. Doctors who specialize in vascular medicine, vascular and endovascular surgery, skin diseases (dermatology), interventional radiology, orthopedic surgery, physical medicine and rehabilitation, pediatric and adolescent medicine, and other specialties as needed offer personalized treatment options. This coordinated approach is important because KTS may involve several areas of the body.
- Vascular centers. A vascular center is located at each of Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Doctors at the centers diagnose and treat adults and children who have vascular diseases, including many that are serious, rare or complex, such as Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome. Services for children are available at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, through the Gonda Vascular Center and the Children's Center.
- Specialty clinics. The Vascular Anomalies Clinic at Mayo Clinic's campuses in Arizona and Minnesota is a multispecialty clinic designed to provide comprehensive, advanced, coordinated care to people of all ages with vascular malformations. Using a multispecialty team approach, highly skilled experts representing all areas of expertise necessary provide the best personalized care for people with KTS.
Expertise and rankings
- Experience. Doctors at Mayo Clinic are among the most experienced in the diagnosis and treatment of Klippel-Trenaunay syndrome. Mayo Clinic sees more than 130 people a year with congenital malformation syndromes, including patients with KTS.
- Vascular expertise. Mayo Clinic's doctors and surgeons are internationally recognized leaders in the spectrum of medical and surgical approaches to vascular disease. People with conditions of the blood vessels and lymph system (vascular diseases) find the right care, the first time, at Mayo Clinic.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Feb. 12, 2022
Products & Services