Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments that treat this condition
Doctors who treat this condition
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Phoenix, AZ
Areas of focus:
Echocardiogram, Heart valve disease, Hypertensive disorder of pregnancy, Heart disease
Mayo doctors have been pioneers in many types of heart valve surgery, such as mitral valve repair and aortic valve repair, for many years. Mayo researchers study new procedures to repair or replace heart valves using catheter procedures, minimally invasive heart surgery and other surgical techniques.
You might have the opportunity to participate in clinical trials. Read more about research in the Cardiovascular Research Center.
Areas of research include:
- New procedures to conduct heart valve repair and heart valve replacement
- Development of biological tissue valves using human tissue for potential use in heart valve replacement
- Catheter procedures to repair or replace heart valves
- Minimally invasive heart surgery to repair or replace heart valves
- 3D printing of models of the heart and valves that doctors may study to prepare to conduct heart valve surgery
- Use of blood-thinning medications in people with biological and mechanical tissue valves
- Genetics of heart valve disease
- Medical therapy for aortic valve stenosis
See a list of publications about heart valve disease by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
View all physicians • Arizona
Heart valve disease care at Mayo Clinic
Sept. 29, 2021