Cervical cancer care at Mayo Clinic
Mayo Clinic specialists offer compassionate, comprehensive care for those with cervical cancer.
Your Mayo Clinic care team
At Mayo Clinic, doctors trained in obstetrics and gynecology with additional training in surgery and cancer treatment (gynecologic oncologists) direct care for people with cervical cancer.
These specialists partner with a number of experts, including radiation oncologists and medical oncologists, to work as a multidisciplinary team to provide comprehensive care. Other professionals are included as needed.
Advanced diagnosis and treatment
Mayo Clinic doctors have extensive experience diagnosing and treating people with cervical cancer, including rare types of cervical cancer.
Seeking care at Mayo Clinic gives you access to the most advanced cancer diagnosis and treatment techniques available, including:
- Precise diagnostics. Doctors at Mayo Clinic combine their many years of experience with the latest in technology to provide accurate diagnosis of cervical cancer. Diagnostic techniques might include advanced imaging, sentinel node biopsy and ultrastaging to give your care team an accurate picture of your condition in order to select the most effective treatment plan.
- A full range of treatment options. The range of treatments offered to those with cervical cancer includes radiation therapy, brachytherapy, chemotherapy, targeted drug therapy, immunotherapy and many types of surgical procedures, such as simple hysterectomy, radical hysterectomy, robotic hysterectomy, and fertility-sparing procedures.
The Mayo Clinic experience and patient stories
Our patients tell us that the quality of their interactions, our attention to detail and the efficiency of their visits mean health care like they've never experienced. See the stories of satisfied Mayo Clinic patients.
Expertise and rankings
Gynecologic oncologists at Mayo Clinic are equipped with the knowledge and resources to provide comprehensive care for those with cervical cancer. When you seek care at Mayo Clinic, you can expect:
- Personalized care. Care for people with cervical cancer is directed by gynecologic oncologists who work as a team with medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and other to make sure all of your individual needs are addressed in your care plan.
- Experience you can trust. Mayo Clinic doctors are widely respected for the expertise in diagnosing and treating cervical cancer, which comes from treating many people with this disease, including very rare types of cervical cancer.
- Nationally recognized expertise. Mayo Clinic Cancer Center meets the strict standards for a National Cancer Institute comprehensive cancer center, which recognize scientific excellence and a multispecialty approach focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for cancer by U.S. News & World Report.
Locations, travel and lodging
Mayo Clinic has major campuses in Phoenix and Scottsdale, Arizona; Jacksonville, Florida; and Rochester, Minnesota. The Mayo Clinic Health System has dozens of locations in several states.
For more information on visiting Mayo Clinic, choose your location below:
Costs and insurance
Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.