Women who turn to Mayo Clinic with questions about their health and well-being find answers, hope and healing. Every year Mayo Clinic medical providers offer expert, compassionate care to women from all over the world. These care teams strive to ensure that women feel they have been heard, have a plan for their well-being and are confident in their ability to live their healthiest life possible.
The women's health care experts at Mayo Clinic understand not only the conditions unique to women, at all stages of life, but also those that women experience differently than do men. The multispecialty women's health teams offer personalized care in a supportive environment for a wide range of concerns, including heart disease, cancer, nutrition, weight management, sexual health, osteoporosis, thyroid diseases, rheumatologic diseases, multiple sclerosis, infertility, endometriosis, uterine fibroids and menopause.
Why choose Mayo Clinic for women's health?
When you need the right diagnosis the first time, turn to Mayo Clinic — one of the most recommended and trusted names in medicine.
- Team-based care, focused on you. You will experience the excellence, coordination and convenience of a true team approach that includes unhurried exams and a commitment to the highest quality care. Clinic staff work to ensure that you experience a smooth visit, with a streamlined itinerary and efficient schedule changes when needed. You and your care team will develop a treatment plan that is specific to you, based on your needs and goals.
- Services for comprehensive health and well-being. You may benefit from one of the clinic's unique and accessible services that take a whole-body approach to your health, including the Executive Health Program, Integrative Medicine and Health, the Healthy Living Program and the Nicotine Dependence Center.
- Advanced diagnostic and treatment options. Mayo Clinic develops innovative technologies and techniques that very few other institutions have tried. Driven by patients' unmet needs, Mayo Clinic continually develops new procedures, diagnostics and surgical approaches. For example, it has increased focus on using new minimally invasive surgical procedures, which can mean less pain and quicker recovery.
- Top-ranked. Mayo Clinic's nationally recognized expertise means that women with medical concerns, even the most serious and complex conditions, can be confident they are receiving excellent care from a multidisciplinary team of highly trained specialists.
- Research that improves patient care. The clinic's close collaboration between researchers and medical providers enables it to offer medical discoveries to patients as quickly as possible.
With campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota, Mayo Clinic has experts in all aspects of women's health care. Your visit to the clinic may include diagnostic testing, treatment, counseling, preventive services or referral to other specialists and services. Women's health experts collaborate with specialists in many areas, including endocrinologists, rheumatologists, vascular surgeons and cardiologists.
Offerings vary among Mayo Clinic locations. Talk with your doctor about availability of services or confirm when you contact the clinic.
In addition to its three campuses, Mayo Clinic includes Mayo Clinic Heath System. The system's clinics, hospitals and health care facilities serve more than 60 communities in Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota. These sites provide high-quality women's health care services to their local communities.