OverviewBy Mayo Clinic Staff
The Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology at Mayo Clinic in Minnesota supports women throughout their lifelong journey from childbearing age to menopause and beyond. Mayo Clinic's team-based approach includes you as a partner in care and healing. Doctors, surgeons, certified nurse midwives, nurse practitioners and physician assistants staff the department, and many also participate in research and education.
Gynecologic specialty services
- The Division of Gynecology provides preventive services and outpatient treatments for disorders of the female reproductive and urinary systems.
- Division of Gynecologic Surgery board-certified gynecologic oncologists treat women who have cancers of the female reproductive tract.
Pregnancy and related services
- The Division of Obstetrics offers personalized care before, during and after pregnancy. Nurse midwives and obstetricians provide periodic comprehensive examinations and childbirth preparation classes.
- Division of Maternal and Fetal Medicine staff care for women experiencing high-risk pregnancies related to obstetric, medical, surgical or genetic complications.
- The Reproductive Medicine group within the Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility manages problems related to infertility, including fibroid tumors, recurrent pregnancy loss, abnormal uterine bleeding, endometriosis and risk of genetic disorders in offspring.