Mayo Clinic works with hundreds of insurance companies and is an in-network provider for millions of people.
In most cases, Mayo Clinic doesn't require a physician referral. Some insurers require referrals, or may have additional requirements for certain medical care. All appointments are prioritized on the basis of medical need.
Learn more about appointments at Mayo Clinic.
Please contact your insurance company to verify medical coverage and to obtain any needed authorization prior to your visit. Often, your insurer's customer service number is printed on the back of your insurance card.
Feb. 20, 2018
- Colborn LK. Office of Access Management. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 28, 2016.
- Translational Research Program. National Cancer Institute. http://trp.cancer.gov/default.htm. Accessed March 17, 2016.
- NCI-designated cancer centers. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/research/nci-role/cancer-centers. Accessed April 22, 2016.
- Mayo Clinic Cancer Center. National Cancer Institute. http://www.cancer.gov/research/nci-role/cancer-centers/find/mayoclinic. Accessed April 22, 2016.
- Cancer Center of Excellence designation. Florida Department of Health. http://www.floridahealth.gov/provider-and-partner-resources/research/cancer-center-of-excellence-award.html. Accessed April 22, 2016.