Mayo Clinic's Department of Cardiovascular Medicine is consistently recognized by external organizations for providing outstanding patient care. These endorsements reinforce our commitment to providing expert, whole-person care to everyone who needs healing.
Nationally recognized expertise
Mayo Clinic campuses are nationally recognized for expertise in cardiology and cardiovascular surgery:
- Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic Children's Center in Rochester, Minn., is ranked among the Best Children's Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
- Mayo Clinic in Phoenix/Scottsdale, Ariz., and Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, Fla., are ranked among the Best Hospitals for heart and heart surgery by U.S. News & World Report.
Mayo Clinic is also recognized for high-quality cardiology and heart surgery subspecialty care, research and education by a variety of national organizations:
- Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography. Mayo Clinic has been accredited by the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission Echocardiography in the areas of adult transthoracic, adult transesophageal and adult stress echocardiography. Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has also been accredited in pediatric transthoracic, pediatric transesophageal and fetal echocardiography.
- Women's Choice Award: America's Best Hospital for Heart Care. Mayo Clinic has been recognized by the Women's Choice Award organization for heart care. The distinction reflects both strong performance in clinical heart care measures for mortality and readmission as well as a high Hospital Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (HCAHPS) recommendation score.
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs. Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs in invasive cardiovascular technology and advanced cardiovascular sonography.
- Healthcare Colloquium. The Mayo Clinic Children's Center at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota has been certified by the Healthcare Colloquium as an Accredited Pediatric Heart Failure Institute.
- Top-ranked education program. The Internal Medicine Residency program at Mayo Clinic College of Medicine at Mayo Clinic's campus in Minnesota is ranked among the top performing programs by U.S. News & World Report and Doximity. Heart specialists train in an internal medicine residency program before completing cardiology subspecialty training.
Learn more about Mayo Clinic's quality rankings.