Below are current clinical trials.5 studies in Bone Marrow Transplant Program
(open studies only).
Filter this list of studies by location, status and more.
The proposed research will use a double-blind randomized controlled design to pilot test a model for how stories shared by a panel of HCT survivors impact the psychosocial well-being of the digital stories (DS) intervention condition of 55 patients who recently underwent HCT and their respective caregivers compared with 55 people in an information control (IC) condition and their caregivers (total 220 participants; N=110 per condition). Participants, recruited from the Mayo Clinic Arizona Cancer Center, will be randomly assigned to one of two conditions: the DS intervention or the IC video condition. Participants will questionnaires at baseline (T1), after the 4-week intervention (T2), and 3 months (100 days) later (T3).
Rochester, Minn., Jacksonville, Fla., Scottsdale/Phoenix, Ariz.
This phase II trial studies how well daratumumab works in treating transplant-eligible participants with multiple myeloma. Monoclonal antibodies, such as daratumumab, may interfere with the ability of cancer cells to grow and spread.
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the safety and tolerability of multiple ascending doses of AMG 592 in subjects with steroid refractory cGVHD. Phase 2 - The purpose is to evaluate the effectiveness of AMG 592 in subjects with steroid refractory cGVHD as measured by ORR at 16 weeks according to the 2014 cGVHD NIH Consensus Criteria.
The investigators hope to find the proof of principle concept from this pilot study so that the investigators can design a clinical trial based on the results of the explanatory hypothesis.
Jacksonville, Fla., Rochester, Minn.
The primary objective of this study is to demonstrate the efficacy of Iomab-B, in conjunction with a Reduced Intensity Conditioning (RIC) regimen and protocol-specified allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HCT), versus Conventional Care.
Aug. 21, 2018
- National Marrow Donor Program. http://bethematch.org. Accessed Feb. 26, 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Hematopoietic stem cell transplant. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- AskMayoExpert. Graft-versus-host disease. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Allogeneic blood and marrow transplant (BMT). Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2010.
- Riggin EA. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 20, 2016.
- Lee SJ, et al. 5 year results of bmt ctn 0201: Unrelated donor bone marrow is associated with better psychological well-being and less burdensome chronic gvhd symptoms than peripheral blood. American Society of Hematology. Meeting abstract. https://ash.confex.com/ash/2015/webprogram/Paper80881.html. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Adams RH (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 15, 2016.
- Geerdes PA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Aug. 17, 2012.
- Reunited and it feels pretty good. In the Loop. July 28, 2015. http://intheloop.mayoclinic.org. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Singla A, et al. Incidence of supraventricular arrhythmias during autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2013;19:1233.
- Hoffman R, et al. Overview of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. In: Hematology: Basic Principles and Practice. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 19, 2016.
- Dispenzieri A. POEMS syndrome: 2012 update on diagnosis, risk-stratification and management. American Journal of Hematology. 2012;87:804.
- Yang ZZ, et al. T-cell-mediated antitumor immunity in B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Activation, suppression and exhaustion. Leukemia and Lymphoma. 2015;56:2498.
- Diseases treatable by transplants. National Marrow Donor Program. https://bethematch.org/transplant-basics/how-transplants-work/diseases-treatable-by-transplants/. Accessed July 20, 2016.
- Majhail NS, et al. Recommended screening and preventive practices for long-term survivors after hematopoietic cell transplantation. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2012;18:348.
- Yawn BP, et al. Management of sickle cell disease: Summary of the 2014 evidence-based report by expert panel members. JAMA. 2014;312:1033.
- NCCN member institutions. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. https://www.nccn.org. Accessed July 20, 2016.
- Cordes S, et al. Autologous stem cell transplantation in immunoglobulin light chain amyloidosis with factor X deficiency. Blood Coagulation and Fibrinolysis. 2016;27:101.
- Colborn LK. Office of Access Management. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Jan. 28, 2016.
- Gertz MA, et al. Autologous stem cell transplant in 716 patients with multiple myeloma: Low treatment-related mortality, feasibility of outpatient transplant, and effect of a multidisciplinary quality initiative. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2008;83:1131.
- O'Suoji C, et al. Rare pediatric non-Hodgkin lymphomas: A report from Children's Oncology Group Study ANHL 04B1. Pediatric Blood Cancer. 2016;63:794.
- Galardy PJ, et al. Targeting childhood, adolescent and young adult non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Therapeutic horizons. British Journal of Haematology. 2016;173:625.
- Slack JL, et al. Reduced toxicity conditioning and allogeneic stem cell transplantation in adults using fludarabine, carmustine, melphalan, and antithymocyte globulin: Outcomes depend on disease risk index but not age, comorbidity score, donor type, or human leukocyte antigen mismatch. Biology of Blood and Marrow Transplantation. 2013;19:1167.
- King AA, et al. Successful matched sibling donor marrow transplantation following reduced intensity conditioning in children with hemoglobinopathies. American Journal of Hematology. 2015;90:1093.
- Mayo Clinic to grow human cells in space: Testing stroke treatment. Mayo Clinic News Network. http://newsnetwork.mayoclinic.org. Accessed July 20, 2016.
- Muchtar E, et al. Autologous stem cell transplant for multiple myeloma patients 70 years or older. Bone Marrow Transplant. In press.
- Ansell SM. Targeting immune checkpoints in lymphoma. Current Opinion in Hematology. 2015;22:337.
- Hashmi S, et al. Survival aster mesenchymal stromal cell therapy in steroid-refractory acute graft-versus-host disease: Systematic review and meta-analysis. The Lancet Haematology. 2016;1:e45-52. https://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 20, 2016.
Bone Marrow Transplant Program