Supplier Diversity Program
The Mayo Clinic Supplier Diversity Program's mission is to foster an inclusive procurement process that provides for fair and equal opportunity for diverse suppliers to be considered for partnership in the sourcing of goods or services. By doing so, we forge sustainable business relationships that promote mutually beneficial growth and value and strengthen the greater global community.
We strive to integrate supplier diversity within our strategic sourcing and procurement processes by helping establish and support partnerships with best-in-class diverse suppliers whose business models align with Mayo Clinic's procurement goals and standards and its ability to fulfill its mission: "Inspiring hope and promoting health through integrated clinical practice, education and research."
The following are the primary categorizations of diverse suppliers recognized by Mayo Clinic's Supplier Diversity Program.
Note that recognized businesses must be at least 51% owned, operated and controlled by people who fit into at least one of these categories. Suppliers are highly encouraged to obtain certification by an independent certification agency.
- AbilityOne Program (ABIL)
- Alaska Native Corporation (ANC)
- Disabled Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Historically black colleges and universities (HBCU)
- Historically underutilized business zone (HUBZone) small business
- Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender (LGBT)-owned business enterprise
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Minority and Woman-Owned Business Enterprise (MWBE)
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise (SDVBE)
- Small Business Administration 8a (SBA8a) program
- Small Business Enterprise (SBE)
- Small Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (SDIS)
- Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE)
Mayo Clinic recognizes third-party public and private certifications including, but not limited to:
Supplier Diversity Portal registration
Mayo Clinic requests diverse suppliers and small businesses that are interested in doing business with us to register and complete a company profile in the Mayo Clinic Supplier Diversity portal. The Supplier Diversity portal contains general company and commodity information, diversity information, a business experience summary, and an extended company profile.
The following link can be used to begin the registration process: https://mc.starssmp.com
- Click on the link that reads "New to the Portal? Register your company."
- Complete initial registration and sign-up.
- Complete company profile (this can be done immediately after initial registration or later). A completed profile is needed to make your supplier profile visible to a Mayo Clinic purchaser.
To help facilitate the registration process, here is a list of some of information needed to complete your profile.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number
- D-U-N-S Number (if your company has one)
- Corporate headquarters address
- Primary contact address
Company and commodities information
- Legal company structure
- State and date registered
- Company ownership
- Owner detail
- Annual sales (past three years)
- NAICS code(s)
- Owner ethnicity classification
- Owner gender
- Diversity classification details, certificates and affidavits
Business experience and references
- Health care or relevant experience
Extended company profile documents
- Capability statement
- Marketing materials
- Flyers or other profile documents
Mayo Clinic employees may use the Supplier Diversity Portal to identify small or diverse suppliers when needs arise. A current, complete and up-to-date profile will allow Mayo sourcing professionals to more easily find your business. When there is a match for a Mayo Clinic business need with your product or service, you will be contacted for consideration.
Facilities contractor requirements
See information for Mayo Clinic facilities contractors.
For more information, please contact:
Nov. 12, 2022