Supplier Diversity Program
Minority- and woman-owned businesses are critically important to the future of our business. By forging lasting relationships with a diverse supplier base, we open new avenues of opportunity and promote mutually beneficial growth.
The Mayo Clinic Supplier Diversity Program's goal is to engage in mutually beneficial strategic business relationships with minority-owned, woman-owned, veteran-owned and small business enterprises so as to provide equal access to Mayo purchasing opportunities and promote supplier participation to reflect the diverse business community and patient population.
Mayo Clinic recognizes the following diversity classifications:
- Disabled business (DBE)
- Disadvantaged business (DISAD)
- Disabled veteran-owned business (DVBE)
- Historically black colleges and universities and minority institutions (HBCU)
- HUB-zone small business (HUB)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Owned Business (LGBT)
- Minority-owned business (MBE)
- Service-disabled veteran-owned business (SDVBE)
- Small business administration program (SBA8a)
- Small business (SBE)
- Small disadvantaged business (SDIS)
- Veteran-owned business (VBE)
- Woman-owned business (WBE)
Mayo Clinic recognizes third-party public and private certifications including, but not limited to:
Supplier Diversity Registration Portal
Mayo Clinic requests diverse suppliers and small businesses that are interested in doing business with Mayo Clinic to register and complete a company profile in Mayo's Supplier Diversity portal. The Supplier Diversity portal contains general company and commodity information, diversity information, business experience, and an extended company profile.
The following link can be used to begin the registration process: https://mc.starssmp.com
- Step 1: Click on the link that reads "New to the Portal? Register your company."
- Step 2: Complete initial registration/sign-up.
- Step 3: Complete company profile (this can be done immediately following initial registration or later).
To help facilitate the registration process, here is a list of some of information needed to complete your profile.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN), also known as a Federal Tax Identification Number
- D-U-N-S Number (requested if your company has one)
- Corporate headquarters address
- Primary contact address
Company and commodities information
- Legal company structure
- State and date registered
- Company ownership
- Owner detail
- Annual sales (past three years)
- NAICS code(s)
- Owner ethnicity classification
- Owner gender
- Diversity classification details, certificates and affidavits
Business experience and references
- Health care or relevant experience
Extended company profile documents
- Capability statement
- Marketing materials
- Flyers or other profile documents
Mayo Clinic employees will be able to use the Supplier Diversity portal to identify suppliers when needs arise. A current, complete and up-to-date profile will allow Mayo sourcing professionals to easily find your business. When there is a match for Mayo Clinic's business needs and your service, you will be contacted for consideration.
Facilities contractor requirements
See information for Mayo Clinic facilities contractors.
For more information, please contact:
Supply Chain Customer Support
8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Central time, Monday through Friday