Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Mayo Clinic surgeons continue to compare the benefits of robotic surgery and traditional laparoscopic surgery, and they're working on innovative techniques to perform hysterectomies.
The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center is studying hysterectomy treatment options for gynecologic cancers. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications about hysterectomy by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Vaginal hysterectomy care at Mayo Clinic
Jan. 31, 2018
- Walters MD. Choosing a route of hysterectomy for benign disease. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 5, 2015.
- Hysterectomy fact sheet. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office on Women's Health. http://www.womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/hysterectomy.html. Accessed Sept. 5, 2015.
- Stovall TG, et al. Vaginal hysterectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 5, 2015.
- Frequently asked questions. Special procedures FAQ008. Hysterectomy. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. http://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Hysterectomy. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Darwish M, et al. Psychological outcomes after hysterectomy for benign conditions: A systematic review and meta-analysis. European Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology and Reproductive Biology. 2014;174:5.
- Hoffman BL, et al. Surgeries for benign gynecologic conditions. In: Williams Gynecology. 2nd ed. New York, N.Y.: The McGraw-Hill Companies; 2012. http://accessmedicine.com. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Einarsson JI, et al. Laparoscopic hysterectomy. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed Sept. 11, 2015.
- Cook AJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 17, 2015.
- Laughlin-Tommaso SK, et al. Cardiovascular and metabolic morbidity after hysterectomy with ovarian conservation: A cohort study. Menopause. In press. Accessed Jan. 15, 2018.