Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Rochester, Minnesota
Areas of focus:
Botox injection, Hysterectomy, Pelvic floor reconstruction, Robotic surgery, Sacral nerve stimulation, Urethral bulking, Urinary sling procedure, Vaginal hysterectomy, Cystocele, Enterocele, Overactive bladder, Pelvic organ prolapse, Stress incontinence, Urethral diverticulum, Urinary incontinence NOS, Uterine prolapse
see full list in profile
Mayo Clinic surgeons continue to compare the benefits of robotic surgery and traditional laparoscopic surgery, and they're working on innovative techniques to perform hysterectomies.
The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center is studying hysterectomy treatment options for gynecologic cancers. The Mayo Clinic Cancer Center receives funding from the National Cancer Institute and is designated as a comprehensive cancer center — recognition for an institution's scientific excellence and multidisciplinary resources focused on cancer prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
See a list of publications about hysterectomy by Mayo Clinic doctors on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Vaginal hysterectomy care at Mayo Clinic
Dec. 13, 2018
- Walters MD. Choosing a route of hysterectomy for benign disease. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 6, 2018.
- Hysterectomy fact sheet. Office on Women's Health. https://www.womenshealth.gov/a-z-topics/hysterectomy. Accessed Nov. 8, 2018.
- Frequently asked questions. Special procedures FAQ008. Hysterectomy. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. https://www.acog.org/Patients/FAQs/Hysterectomy. Accessed Nov. 6, 2018.
- Berkowitz LR, et al. Vaginal hysterectomy. https://www.uptodate.com/contents/search. Accessed Nov. 6, 2018.
- Laughlin-Tommaso SK, et al. Cardiovascular and metabolic morbidity after hysterectomy with ovarian conservation: A cohort study. Menopause. 2018;25:483.
- Warner KJ. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 12, 2018.