Doctors who perform this procedure
Displaying 1-1 out of 1 doctors available
- Phoenix, AZ
Areas of focus:
Mayo Clinic researchers actively study stroke telemedicine (telestroke) and acute stroke care.
Mayo Clinic doctors incorporate training in remote evaluation of stroke and other acute neurological conditions in some residency and fellowship programs.
See a list of publications by Mayo Clinic authors on stroke telemedicine on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Telestroke (stroke telemedicine) care at Mayo Clinic
Nov. 19, 2020
- Rubin MN, et al. The use of telemedicine in the management of acute stroke. Neurosurgery Focus. 2014;36:E4.
- Zhai Y, et al. Efficacy of telemedicine for thrombolytic therapy in acute ischemic stroke: A meta-analysis. Journal of Telemedicine and Telecare. 2015;21:123.
- Quality check. The Joint Commission. https://www.qualitycheck.org/search/?keyword=mayo clinic#keyword=mayo clinic&advancedcertification=Advanced Comprehensive Stroke Center,Primary Stroke Center. Accessed Oct. 1, 2018.
- Phillips SA. Center for Connected Care. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 2, 2018.
- Huddleston P, et al. Stroke care using a hub and spoke model with telemedicine. Critical Care Nursing Clinics of North America. 2014;26:469.
- Stroke information page. National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke. http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/stroke/detail_stroke.htm. Accessed Oct. 1, 2018.
- Demaerschalk BM, et al. Stroke telemedicine. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 2009;84:53.
- Demaerschalk BM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic. Oct. 29, 2020.
- Nord CA (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. Oct. 5, 2018.
- Mokin M, et al., eds. Telemedicine for evaluation of stroke patients. In: Acute Stroke Management in the First 24 Hours: A Practical Guide for Clinicians. New York, N .Y. Oxford University Press; 2018.
Products & Services
Telestroke (stroke telemedicine)