Departments and specialties
Mayo Clinic has one of the largest and most experienced practices in the United States,
with campuses in Arizona, Florida and Minnesota. Staff skilled in dozens of specialties work
together to ensure quality care and successful recovery.
Departments with related expertise
Areas that research this procedure
Scientists in the Biomechanics and Motion Analysis laboratories are active in a number of areas of spine research.
See a list of publications by Mayo authors on spinal fusion on PubMed, a service of the National Library of Medicine.
Spinal fusion care at Mayo Clinic
Aug. 15, 2017
- Spinal fusion. American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons. http://www.orthoinfo.org/topic.cfm?topic=A00348. Accessed July 8, 2015.
- Chou R. Subacute and chronic low-back pain: Surgical treatment. http://www.uptodate.com/home. Accessed July 8, 2015.
- Herkowitz HN, et al. Principles of bone fusion. In: Rothman-Simeone The Spine. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2011. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 8, 2015.
- Barbara Woodward Lips Patient Education Center. Spine Surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2015.
- Ask Mayo Expert. Cervical spine surgery. Rochester, Minn.: Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research; 2014.
- McMahon SB, et al. Surgery for back and neck pain (including radiculopathies). In: Wall & Melzack's Textbook of Pain. 6th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Saunders Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 21, 2015.
- Canale ST, et al. Arthrodesis of the spine. In: Campbell's Operative Orthopaedics. 12th ed. Philadelphia, Pa.: Mosby Elsevier; 2013. http://www.clinicalkey.com. Accessed July 22, 2015.
- Bridwell KH, et al. What's new in spine surgery? Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery. 2015;97:1022.
- Huddleston PM (expert opinion). Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota. Oct. 12, 2015.
- Riggin ER. Allscripts EPSi. Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn. July 23, 2015.